How to use integrations with Beamer
Want to integrate your favorite tools with Beamer? In this tutorial you’ll learn how to use Zapier to set up a integrations between Beamer and +1000 of your favorite tools. Quick and easy. Let’s get started.
Method 1 – Choose an existing integration
- Click on Integrations
- Browse the list of existing Zapier integrations. If you see one you like click “Use this Zap”. A new tab will be opened
- Follow the instructions to “Create this Zap”. If you don’t have a Zapier account already you will need to create one (ps. it’s free)
- In this example we are creating a Zap to automatically tweet your new Beamer posts. So the first step is to define the trigger in Beamer.
Note: you can also create integrations where an event in a different app triggers an action in Beamer
- Next you need to connect your specific Beamer account to Zapier. Click “Connect”.
- Go back to Beamer and copy your API key from Integrations (see Step 2) and paste into Zapier. Click “Yes, Continue”
- Click on “Test” to make sure your first account is correctly connected and then “Save and Continue”
- Create a sample post in your Beamer account if you don’t already have one. Click “Load in Samples”
- Select a sample and click “Continue”
- Select the action you want to occur. It should already be preselected in this method. Click “Continue”.
- Connect the other tool to Zapier. Follow the instructions. In this case Twitter asks you to logon and give permission to access.
- Once you have connected click “Test” and click “Save and Continue”
- Follow the instructions on Zapier to customize your integration. In the case of Twitter you can decide what text to include and decide whether to shorten url’s. Click “Continue”.
- Send a test to make sure it’s working.
- If you’re happy with the results click “Finish”.
- Now just make sure your Zap is “Active”. Hooray you’re done! Now you can “Make another Zap” or go to your dashboard to view your active integrations.
Method 2 – Create your own Zap
If you don’t find an existing Zapier integration with your favorite tool and Beamer you can create one.
- Logon to your Zapier account or create a new one
- Click on “Make a Zap”
- Choose your Trigger app and Action. For more details on how to create your own Zap check out this guide from Zapier.
Thanks for checking out our guide to integrations with Beamer. Good luck and please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.